Frequently Asked Questions
Select a topic to find answers to your questions.
Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay Questions
User ID and Password Questions
Adding a Bill
Updating a Biller
Bill History Questions
Sorting, Searching, and Categorizing Bill History
Filing a Bill
What is Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay?
Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay lets you pay bills online through Kennebunk Savings Bank.
Quick Facts about Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay
- You can pay all of your bills from the Payment Center. You can also see a summary of your pending payments and the payments you've made in the past 45 days.
- You can receive some of your bills online through Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay. We can receive electronic bills from hundreds of billers nationwide.
- You can set up automatic payments to pay your electronic bills or to automatically schedule payments of a set amount at regular intervals.
- You can review your bills and payments for the past 18 months. You can also export payment information to a comma-separated values (CSV) file or QuickBooks® file.
- You can transfer money and move payments from one account to another.
How does Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay work?
To pay bills online, you simply add the companies and people you want to pay. We use this information to make the payments for your bills.
After you add your bills, you can go to the Payment Center. The Pay Bills section lists all of the bills you've added in Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay. To pay a bill, you simply enter a payment amount and
the date when you want the company or person to receive your payment. You can also select this date from the calendar.
Tip: When you enter an amount, Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay automatically displays the earliest date you can select
for the company or person to receive the payment in the Pay Date box. You can either accept this date or change it to a later one.
You can pay as many bills as you want at the same time from the Payment Center.
After you pay a bill, it may move to either the Pending Payments section or the Recent Payments section of the Payment Center.
- The Pending Payments section provides a quick summary of the payments that have not been processed yet.
- The Recent Payments section provides a list of the bills that have been paid in the past 45 days.
If you can't find a payment in the Recent Payments section, go to Bill History, which shows all of the bills you paid in the past 18 months, including electronic bills and the bills that you pay automatically.
How secure is my bill payment information?
Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure.
- User ID and Password—User IDs and passwords are unique identifiers within your business. As long as you don't share user IDs and passwords with anyone outside your business, only authorized users can sign in to your Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay account.
- SSL—Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay uses SSL (secure sockets layer) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption—Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay uses 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out—Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for a predefined time (usually 10 minutes). It is best if you sign out immediately after you finish your tasks in Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay.
Which browsers should I use to access Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay?
We support the latest versions of these browsers:
While other browsers may work with Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay, these supported browsers provide the highest level of security, accuracy, and functionality.
How do I change my browser?
Changing your browser to a currently supported version is easy. You can download a browser from these websites:
After you install the browser, you may want to select it as your default browser.
What are Terms & Conditions?
The Terms & Conditions are a complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between you and Kennebunk Savings Bank regarding your Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay service. The Terms & Conditions document contains information about authorization, liability, and limitation issues when using Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay. In the event of a dispute regarding Checkfree Small Business Bill Pay, you agree to resolve the dispute by looking to the Terms & Conditions document.
The Terms & Conditions document provides details about the following items:
- Payments that are prohibited.
- Password and security information.
- Your liability if unauthorized transfers occur.
- Errors or questions about your transactions.
- Situations in which your account information can be disclosed to third parties.
- Charges assessed based on services provided.
- Service transactions that are returned.
- Notification requirements for termination or discontinuation of the service.
- Types of payments and limitations on billers.